Michael Hill Voice is committed to protecting yours and your family’s personal information. The privacy and security of your personal information is very important to us. We want to assure you that your information will be properly managed and protected whilst in our hands.
• The Michael Hill Voice website; and,
• Social media or Michael Hill Voice developed content on other social media sites.
We may receive personal information about you when you contact us by: telephoning, texting, writing by post or email, or communicating via online channels, such as Facebook, Instagram, Twitter or LinkedIn messages. This policy relates to the use of all ways we may collect information, such as email, in person, by telephone, or from other third party sources.
The information may include:
• Basic personal details such as your name, address, e-mail address, telephone number, date of birth or age, gender, marital status;
• Additional information about your lifestyle and your professional history and goals; and,
• Sensitive personal information such as health information (for example your current state of health, existing conditions, family or personal history in relation to some conditions) or disclosures about previous unspent criminal convictions.
We will obtain your explicit consent to use sensitive personal information.
Your information may be disclosed when we believe in good faith that the disclosure is:
• required by law; or,
• required to comply with a judicial proceeding, court order or legal process.
We are committed to protecting the confidentiality and security of the information that you provide to us. We have put in place appropriate technical, physical and organisational security measures designed to protect against any unauthorised access or damage to, or disclosure or loss of, your information.
Please be aware that communications over the internet, such as e-mails, are not secure unless they have been encrypted.
Information we collect through Cookies and similar technologies
Some cookies are required to enjoy and use the full functionality of this website.
Our website contains links to other third party websites
Your data protection rights
Under data protection law, you have rights including:
• Your right of access - You have the right to ask us for copies of your personal information.
• Your right to rectification - You have the right to ask us to rectify personal information you think is inaccurate. You also have the right to ask us to complete information you think is incomplete.
• Your right to erasure - You have the right to ask us to erase your personal information in certain circumstances.
• Your right to restriction of processing - You have the right to ask us to restrict the processing of your personal information in certain circumstances.
• Your right to object to processing - You have the the right to object to the processing of your personal information in certain circumstances.
• Your right to data portability - You have the right to ask that we transfer the personal information you gave us to another organisation, or to you, in certain circumstances.
You are not required to pay any charge for exercising your rights. If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you.
Please contact us at email@example.com if you wish to make a request.
Opting In and Opting Out
We will always give you the opportunity to ‘opt into’ of any communications, such as notifications via email of forthcoming workshops, mailing lists etc., when you complete an enquiry with us. When you receive any direct marketing communication from us, such as Newsletters and upcoming workshops information, we will always give you the option of ‘opting out’ of receiving any further marketing communications.
We will not use sensitive personal details (such as information relating to your health record or any criminal issues) in order to provide you with information about Michael Hill Voice related work and events.
If you ‘opt in’ to being on our mailing list, please let us know if your details change as it is important that the information we hold about you is accurate and up to date.
Updating your personal information
You can ask us to update or correct your personal information or you can opt out of Michael Hill Voice’s use of your information by contacting us by email:
Finding out what information we hold about you
You have the right to request a copy of all the personal information we hold about you in a Subject Access Request. To do this, simply contact us by phone, email or post and we will send you a form to fill out. We will reply to your request within 30 days. We will take all reasonable steps to confirm the identity of a requester before providing them with details of any personal information we may hold about you.